July 9, 2011

So Much To Do in Chicago

Okay, here's my weekend so far: yesterday I went to see OVO, the new Cirque du Soleil show. I'm crazy for Cirque du Soleil but have to say this wasn't my favorite, although there were some wonderful things, especially the last act. On my way home I stopped by Millennium Park to listen to the free concert in the park. What other city does that? God, what a lovely thing.
Today I went to the Michigan Ave. Art Festival which is a fantastic display of creativity, and I got there before the full blast of heat of the day, which is even more fantastic, and ran into my friend Carolyn Durocher (dancer extraordinaire - left). Then I stopped at Bandera on Michigan Ave. for
a glass of wine and the Hacked Chicken Salad (delicious!) and then stopped once more for a gelato - some chocolate-y, caramel-y, espresso confection. Oh my god. Need I say more? I need a nap and it's only 12:30.
I may see a movie this afternoon, then I'm going to need another nap because I'm doing the L.A.T.E. Ride with my friend Joann, which is a bike ride through Chicago neighborhoods that starts at 1 a.m. Yes, you heard me correctly: 1:00 a.m.! OMG. What was I thinking?
Tomorrow, other than sleeping, I'm going to see the play Bug, by Tracey Letts with my friend Claire, and there's still the Gold Coast Art Fair to do.
Holy crap, how will I fit it all in? Are you exhausted?
Sophie Tucker is - here's how she reacted when I recounted it all to her.

1 comment:

Cecily Crowther said...

There are no excuses for Chicagoans who can't sleep at night. They need to get their "%#€£ in gear. Just ask Sophie Tucker! How FAB.