June 20, 2010

Lemon Pasta with Roasted Shrimp

That's what I'm making for dinner. My favorite kind of dish...impressive and easy. It's a recipe of Ina Garten's that I adjusted a bit. Here's the recipe.
1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined (I like to take the tails off, although Ina leaves them on…I don’t want to play with my food, just eat it)
Olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Herbes de Provence
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 lemon, zested and juiced

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Toss the shrimp with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and a couple pinches herbes de Provence. Toss well, spread a single layer on a baking sheet, and roast for about 6 minutes, just until pink.
• Meanwhile, drizzle some olive oil in a large pot of boiling salted water, add the angel hair, and cook al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving some of the cooking liquid.
• Quickly toss the angel hair with the melted butter, a little olive oil, the lemon zest, lemon juice, a teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and a little cooking liquid.
• Add the shrimp and serve hot.
Serves 3, unless you're a pig like me, then it's about 2 yummy servings.

No comments: