August 11, 2011

The Best Summer Meal Ever!

Okay, I know I said I was only going to eat gazpacho and ceviche until summer was over but variety is the spice of life. Right?
So here's another summertime option. This corn salad is OH MY GOD delicious. Serve it with salmon for an easy, impressive meal.

Roasted Corn Salad
Serves 4


• 4 ears of corn, cut off the cob (I used Mirai from Twin Garden Farms - the BEST corn in the world).
• 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, melted
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 red onion, sliced
• 2 tablespoons diced roasted red bell pepper (store-bought is fine)
• 1 tablespoon slivered green olives
• 2 scallions, white and tender green parts, thinly sliced
• 1 avocado, chopped into pieces and sprinkled with lime juice
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
Heat large cast iron skillet on high heat till smoking hot. Add corn to dry skillet and roast and char kernels till they begin to pop.

Add in butter and red onion and mix. Cook for about 3 minutes, stirring.
Add remaining ingredients.
Season and serve warm or cold.
I served it (to myself - and myself loved it) with salmon, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with s&p and sauteed in an iron skillet to medium-rare.
Yum!

No comments: