March 3, 2011

Read This Book!

Jonathan Tropper is my new favorite author. I just finished This is Where I Leave You and am going to turn right back to page one and read it again. How did I miss this when it was released in 2009? Why weren't all my friends talking about it? It's not a comedy, really, but there are so many laugh-out-loud lines because of Tropper's talent and unique perspective on life. It's also endearing and human and poignant and real, and I want to meet each and every character. It meets all my requirements for a great book: an engaging story, believable characters and wonderful writing. And then when you throw humor in, well...it's just the biggest bonus.
After I re-read this one I'll start on Tropper's previous books and hope they're just as good. And then I'll hope he's working on something new.
Read this book!

No comments: