October 12, 2011

Ushering in a New Era

I'm probably the last person on earth with a picture-tube TV, and I'm tired of waiting for the damn thing to break. It's got to be 30 years old. What's up with that? Things don't last that long today. (Jeez, I sounded like Jed Clampett just then.) So I've decided to euthanize it - I'm getting ready to send it to TV heaven.
Drum roll please...I bought a FLAT SCREEN TV. Yay!
You know you've got a problem when you watch TV shows and movies on your computer and the clarity is immeasurably better than your TV. The picture on my TV is fine, but hey, it's 2011. Time to get with the program. So I called Abt, told them what I wanted, gave them a credit card number and it'll be here on Thursday. They'll hook it up, fine-tune all the settings and cart away the behemoth and recycle it.
Can an iPad be far behind?
Hmmm...I wonder if I'll be able to hook up my Betamax to it.

No comments: