June 22, 2011

Free Spirits of Santa Barbara

Wait...what year is this?
I'm so glad I'm a runner - it's one of the best ways to explore a city. I took my camera with me on this morning's run where I'm attending the SB Writer's Conference (and loving it - more about that later).
This morning I met the boys of the beach, the van guys, the free sprits who are doing their thing. I talked to three of them and they were all gracious and welcoming.
I came to Santa Barbara in 2011 but I think I'm now in the 60s.
The video is of a guy who calls himself One Feather, who has the most amazing van (more pictures below), every inch covered with...well, something. He's lived in it for about 17 years. I can't imagine how long it took to decorate his vehicle.
Check it out.


More van guys in my next post.

No comments: