March 16, 2014

A Love Letter to Nancy

I'm so jealous of Stacie, who thought of writing a blog post about her (my) friend Nancy before I did. That's not to say I won't copy the brilliant Stacie and write my own post - just because everyone should know Nancy Hirsch. She's who we should all strive to emulate.
Nancy is a marvel: she's 81 years old and I dare you to keep up with her. Here's only some of what she does:
She represents various artists around the world and arranges gallery showings, she leads tour groups to Oaxaca, she does bookkeeping for a stable of clients, she works in a dress shop, she supports and promotes local restaurants and shops in Santa Barbara, she takes care of her three beloved puppies and her lovely museum-like home that's filled with art and furniture she's collected over the years (each piece has a story)...okay, that's enough for now, right? Don't you feel inferior?
There's no end to Nancy's talents and as far as I can tell there's no slowing down for her.
And her past is almost as fascinating as her present. If you're lucky enough to spend time with her you'll get to hear how she raised four boys as a single mom in Hollywood, working in the entertainment industry, and then New York...a story she needs to write (I hope to help her with that).


And...if that's not enough she's beautiful inside and out; she's in great shape, has a tattoo (and had a streak of purple in her white hair when I met her) and she wears gorgeous funky clothes...
Yes, I'm gushing. Nancy Hirsch is a role model for all of us. And I want to be her when I grow up.




BTW, if you think you might want to visit Oaxaca Nancy's scheduling trips so CLICK HERE for more info. No American knows the area better.

No comments: