January 23, 2013

One Star for Me, Five Stars for a Space Heater

I love it when people take the time to write reviews of my book on Amazon or Goodreads and every once in a while I check for new reviews. Here's one I just saw today from someone who hates my book, and  I mean REALLY hates it. Like, hates it so much that she took the time to write a review and the only other things she's ever reviewed are a space heater and humidifier, and both of those got five stars.







1.0 out of 5 stars
 
Terrible novel. A pure waste of time.January 12, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: What More Could You Wish For (Paperback)
First of all, I consider myself a pretty avid reader. I will read everything that is put in front of me, and every so often I read a chick lit book for guilty, relaxing pleasure -- to take my mind off of the daily grind of life. I don't expect much from these books. So when a book is so awful that I find myself skimming and skipping pages just to finish (I try not to leave a book unfinished, regardless of how terrible it may be), you know I think it's bad. It was a ridiculous concept and a book that had me shaking my head thinking "this is one of the worst books I have ever read." Mind you, I am more of an adventurer and a quester, more than conservative by any means. Given my personality, one would think this book might appeal to me, since the "not always taking the safe and steady route" is an intertwining theme in this book. However, I could not be done soon enough with this book. And then it went where it belonged -- the trash. I couldn't even bring myself to donate it as I typically do with my completed books. Enough said. It was the first and last time I ever read anything written by this author. To each his own!

No comments: