June 30, 2012

What Not To Wear by Peggy Browning

What Not To Wear…Fashion after 50 
by Peggy Browning

I am the first to admit that I have a problem with fashion. I’ve never been a fashion maven, but ever since I turned 50, I just really don’t care about what I wear. Fashion after 50 is not a big priority for me.
Comfort after 50 is my main priority.
Recently, however, my daughter called me and told me to turn on What Not To Wear, the fashion show that hijacks unsuspecting, poorly dressed women and forces them to confront their un-fashionableness.
She told me I was on the show that day.
Of course, I really wasn’t on the show. I would have remembered that.
Instead there was a woman just like me; a woman who thought she was dressed up when she wore a pair of shorts with a non-elastic waistband. When she really wanted to show off, she added a pair of pearl earrings and pearl necklace to her  Polo shirt and shorts. I can identify.
The show’s hosts, Stacy London and Clinton Kelly, worked her over and made her presentable. She looked great when they finished. She professed to feeling attractive and professional.
My daughter suggested I should apply to be a guest on What Not To Wear and get a makeover.
I declined.
READ THE REST

No comments: