June 3, 2012

Skinny Chicken Broccoli Alfredo



So delicious. 
Okay, I confess - I used heavy cream in place of skim milk so my version's not so skinny. My philosophy is, if you're going to eat, eat something amazing.
You choose how to make it and then tell me if yours is as delicious as mine. (The Greek yogurt I used was 0% fat.)

4 Servings
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled and cut into chunks (about 2 cups)
2 cups roasted broccoli florets
8 ounces fettuccine
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup fat-free, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pinch ground nutmeg
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese

·        In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, 1 to 2 minutes.

Whisk in the flour until smooth, about 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth, Greek yogurt, milk, pepper and nutmeg.

Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring gently, until the mixture thickens, about 3 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan.

Add cooked chicken and broccoli to sauce mixture, followed by the cooked pasta. Toss to combine and serve with more Parmesan, if desired.


2 comments:

Darlene http://adventuresofamiddleagemom.com said...

Hi Samantha, I made your recipe and love it. I've written a blog post about my experience with the recipe and would like to link it to this post of yours, which has the actual recipe listed. Would this be ok with you?
Thanks,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

I made this last night for my family and it was a hit. Used a 12 oz box of white fiber pasta (and added a splash more chicken broth, etc. to moisten the extra pasta) and half/half which I had on hand. Fed my family of 5 and no one knew there was Greek yogurt in the recipe. This one's a keeper!