June 2, 2012

Isaac's Lip-Dub Proposal

I've been married three times and if you sneezed you'd have missed my proposals. Nothing interesting there (unless you count the first one where there was a gun involved...but that's a story for another time).
My proposals went something like this:
Him: "Wanna get married?"
Me: "Okay."
(And I wonder why those marriages failed.)
Watch this adorable marriage proposal. It'll make you smile. (How does one person know so many talented people?)

Really cute. But wait a minute, Isaac. Have you listened to the lyrics to this song?
Here's how it begins:
It's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby
I think I wanna marry you
"Something dumb to do"?? Great.
Later he says,
If we wake up and you
Wanna break up, that's cool
No, I won't blame you
It was fun, girl
That's not a ringing endorsement for the institution of marriage, Isaac.
To Isaac's girlfriend: You might want to rethink this. I know, I know, how could you say no to a guy whose proposal has gone viral?
So just call me and I'll give you the name of a good divorce lawyer. You know, just in case.

No comments: