November 6, 2011

Rasta Thomas and The Bad Boys of Dance

Wow, three of my favorite things: dance, music and muscular, lithe men without shirts.
Did you ever hear of The Bad Boys of Dance? Me either but who cares...isn't that the best name? How could you not want to see them?
These guys are so cute and fun and, oh yeah...great dancers.
Fantastic program at the Auditorium Theatre, who needs to do a better job at promoting these things. The theatre was only half full (if that) but if people knew about it they'd have flocked to see The Bad Boys of Dance.
The music is great: Black Eyed Peas, U2, Coldplay, Michael Jackson, and, bonus...my favorite rock song of all time: Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
The whole thing is inventive and creative and engaging. They did a number in the first act with blow-up dolls that was just hysterical, dancing to Maria Callas singing Carmen.
Too bad today was the last performance but if you ever have the chance to see them, do it.
Word of note: you have to wait for the second act for them to take their shirts off but it's worth the wait.

2 comments:

*Adrienne* said...

thanks!!! xo

Samantha Hoffman said...

OMG, Adrienne, I'm so remiss in not mentioning how wonderful you were! Maybe it's cuz you had your shirt on - I was just so distracted.
You're an incredible dancer with stunning moves, and you added so much to the performance. I wish you guys were coming back. I'd make sure all my friends went with me!
xo to u!