June 23, 2009

Baking in the Heat

It's close to 90 degrees today, not the kind of day when you think about turning the oven on. But what the hell, it's not as if I don't have air conditioning. I had this recipe that my friend Mikki gave me, and all the ingredients (except the walnuts) so I couldn't resist. And I have to say I just baked the most delicious chocolate chip cookies. Here's the recipe:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter

2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
6 ounces walnuts, chopped
1 ½ cups chopped bittersweet chocolate, or chips

Preheat oven to 350.
Mix sugars and butter until combined. Stir in eggs one at a time, and vanilla.
In another bowl combine flour, salt and baking soda. Add to butter mixture with walnuts and chocolate and combine well. Drop by teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
As I said I didn't have walnuts but they're still fabulous. Make some. Or stop by and have some of mine. But you'd better hurry - they're going fast!

No comments: